Keep your on-line practice healthy!
Wed 07 Feb 2018
- We advertise our properties on our own website, Rightmove, Zoopla, Facebook and Twitter. All adverts contain a source telephone number that will only ever put you in touch with us directly.
This means that if a property is advertised – and the telephone number published does not put you in touch with a member of our staff, this is not a genuine advert.
Landlords ask an agent to handle the let because they want the agent to advertise, handle viewings and liaise with the prospective tenant. If the agent is being left out of the loop, this should raise a concern.
- DB Roberts NEVER asks for any money, until a contract or application has been completed, and we certainly do not publish our bank details within adverts.
This means that if you are being asked to pay ANY form of fee BEFORE a contract or application form has been issued – there is something not quite right and you should refrain from paying anything until you fully understand the process.
- DB Roberts will NEVER accept cash in our branches, or ask you to pay funds to an individual.
If you see any form of advert that encourages you to immediately send over funds - or provides bank details, this will not be a genuine advert. The only information that DB Roberts provide in any advert is confirmation of the fees applicable – not where to pay them to.
All our client money is held in a ring fenced client account which is regularly audited by RICS, so clients know their money is safe. DB Roberts are also members of ARLA Propertymark and are committed to finding landlords good tenants and tenants happy homes!
- We do encourage our Facebook network to ‘share’ our posts, but we do not encourage ‘post’ messaging in Lettings. All our adverts clearly display the correct DB Roberts telephone number to ring – or a link to our own website from where a contact message can be sent.
If anyone is asking for private message enquiries, this will not be a genuine advert. We will of course respond to any message sent to us through the messenger facility on facebook – or via our website – but this is not linked directly to an advert. We encourage our clients to instigate contact as we too want to ensure we are receiving genuine enquiries.
- If it sounds too easy and too good to be true… it probably is!
Taking a tenancy is a serious commitment – as is letting out a property. At DB Roberts we ask for relevant information to protect the money tenants pay out, and the properties our landlords entrust us with. We will need to see any prospective tenant or Landlord, preferably at the Oakengates branch, before we routinely transact business with you. Being asked to pay out funds to secure a let before you have been to the property, completed an application or in the case of Landlords signed a contract… should be treated with a great deal of caution. If in doubt, check it out!
For all enquiries, please call 01952 291622